December 21, 2009

Unique Cake Toppers...

I have been asked quite a bit since my wedding back in July of 2009, where did you get your cake toppers and how much are they? I tell everyone I made them out of Clay...
There is a personal special story behind the Groom and how the couple came to be. It all started when I would sit in History class daydreaming about the man I was going to marry and what he looked like, what color his eyes were, how tall he was, silly girly questions like that. As I would sit and day dream I would also doodle this long, skinny, tall, dangly odd looking man everywhere, all over my school books, journals, notebooks, and on the inside of my ring finger and I called him "My Little Man".
So the end of my Junior year I met the man of my dreams, the one I had been so curious to meet,"My Little Man" Then 3 1/2 years later "My Little Man" proposed.....
Wedding Wedding Wedding...this was the fun part to me, choosing everything I've ever wanted, and I new exactly what I wanted. Plus I love details, so when I had to start thinking about my cake toppers I knew I wanted My Little Man up there and I knew exactly what to do. I made him out of clay, everything from his tie color to his tiny little Boutonniere, he was as perfect as could be. Then I really had to start thinking, he needs a bride to be, so I sketched forever on how and what she would look like. Finally she was perfect and I could tell My Little Man just loved her...

Here they are "My Little Man & His Little Woman".....

Photobucket

Photobucket
Since I've had so many people interested about where I got my cake toppers I started thinking maybe I should make them for Couple's who want something different and unique on there cake. So if your getting married and are wanting some done for your cake then contact me and we can talk about pricing and customizing them to look and fit the Bride and Groom perfectly.
I would love to help any bride out cause I know how many things are going through there stressed out brains, this will be something to remember and keep forever!


Photographs by Rebekah Westover

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I did think those were so cute...had NO clue you made those! how fun! you're so talented! ;)

Rebekah said...

Hey!! Did I tell you that THE KNOT is publishing the pic of your cake topper in their magazine! Very cool! They loved it!

mnwphotography said...

Thanks Aubrey, I love making little tiny things out of clay:)

Rebekah, I know! I'm totally thrilled! All because of you!

sweet and simple said...

Mal, you better start selling these on Etsy!